How I take care for my hand and feet in winter time.

torek, februar 14, 2012

It's super cold here in Slovenia, we have snow now and that's means a lot of work outside to clean everything. I like looong walks on a fresh snow with my Dr. Martens boots <3. I wasn't very into the winter last year, remember how I hate it? Have no idea what changes this year but I like it! Ok I still can't wait for the spring to begin, but in a meantime I enjoy the winter!

So i get asked a lot of time, from a different people, how they should take care for a dry skin on hands during the winter and then I was thinking the other day that I'm just showing you nails lately and that it's time for some different post and here it is, my advice how to take care for dry skin on hands and feet! Hope you'll find some got information in this post ;)


Feet:
I often noticed that people take care for feet only during the summer, but in the winter time they forget about them. And that is sad!
I have really dry and rough skin and that means i need to take care for my feet a lot! I have really simple routine for every day. In the evening I put some butter on my feet and massage it for about 3 min. Its so relaxing and it's great before bad. After massage I put some extra butter and I put on cotton socks, you can put up a plastic bag too, it has the same effect. Skin is so soft in the morning! And even that I take a shower, and put just a little bit of body lotion on feet, they stayed soft and moisturized all day!
Use pilling ones a week! I don't think that I need to say something extra about the pilling because we all know why is good!
And don't forget about bath at least ones a month!! I don't recommended cut death skin with a special blade, like they do it in a salon! I did this step for a whole year and I didn't do any favor to my feet! And you can easily go to far, and that can really hurt!

Hand:
I was obsessed with buying hand cream, I had at least 10 different creams, that didn't work for me! What a waste of money! But that was at least a year ago! Now I have my favorite hand creams that works perfectly for me, and I will give you some advice how to pick up your favorite cream!
But first a few words about my routine! It all starts with a good hand soap, that shouldn't dry your skin too much! Average i moisturized my hand for at least 5 times a day! If I am working probably even more!
But my key to soft and moisturized skin is the same as for a feet! I put one really thick layer of cream and put up cotton gloves before bad! And in the morning I have super soft an moisturized skin! And then after washing it a few times my skin get's more dry, so I put up cream if its necessary! Use pilling too! I don't buy special pilling for my hand and feet I just use body pilling ones a week! You can use a mask too, but I don't need it, because hand cream+cotton gloves have the better effect than a hand mask ;)
And then they often ask me how to pick up a good cream. And here are some advice:
All products have written INGREDIENTS on a package. And it's very important that you checked if the cream really contains the ingredients that is written on a package!
Ingredients are written down in the order of content. The first ingredients is the main in the product so the biggest share belongs to it! And the last ingredient gets the smaller share and that is even less than a 1%. So be careful that the ingredients that we want in a cream and looking for is at the top of ingredients, not the first one(usually that is aqua) but in a first half!
And here are some ingredients that we should looking for in a hand cream:
Shea butter (Butyrospermum parkii)
Almond oil (Prunus dulcis)
Chamomile blue oil (Matricaria chamomila)
Almond butter (Prunus dulcis)
Avocado oil (Persea gratissima)
Mango butter (Mangifera indica)
Coconut oil (Cocos nucifera)
Sweet almond oil (prunus amygdalus dulcis oil)
Jojoba oil (Simmondsia chinensis oil)

Avoid:
Alcohol (becareful that is in a lover part of Ingredients)
BHT and BHA
Parabens
Imidazolidinyl urea
Formaldehyde
Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate
Titanium dioxide


And let me show you now what I use for my feet and hand care:


Well this is very long post! I hope that you read my advice..
This text is not copied from some other page, I write down everything! And this is my knowledge!
If you have any question I would love to hear it and answer it!

XOXO, Anna

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. Vidim da maš ti tudi Alverde Fussbutter :) Meni je super, Lemony flutter se pa tudi že celo večnost spravljam kupit

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Pravnajboljši je ane ;)
      Boš videla, potem ti bo žal da ga nisi prej kupila :)

      Izbriši
  2. js sm si tud omisla lemony flutter,super zadeva! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Te lahko vprašam za ceno obeh Lushevih izdelkov? :) Mikata me že čisto predolgo. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Krema je 12€, LF pa 8€ ;), vsakega centa sta vredna;)

      Izbriši
  4. No evo, jaz se pa vedno na kreme/gele za stopala osredotočim in čisto pozabim na masla! Naslednjič gre z mano maslo. :D Super objava! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Hvala za komentarje. Vedno preberem vse z velikim veseljem ♥

Subscribe